- Shake the can of coconut milk well and chill overnight or freeze for a couple of hours
- Preheat your oven to 160 degrees (fan) and grease and line two cake tins
- In a bowl, whisk together the sugar, milk and coconut oil.
- In a separate bowl, mix the dry ingredients together and then add to the wet mixture.
- Combine and then stir in the grated carrots.
- Spoon into the cake tins and bake in the preheated oven for around 25 to 30 minutes (or until a skewer comes out clean from the middle). Cool on a wire rack.
For the frosting:
- Once the coconut milk is chilled, spoon off the thicker coconut cream at the top of the can and keep the rest of the more liquid coconut water to one side.
- Whisk this with the cinnamon and icing sugar until it forms peaks.
- Once the cake is completely cooled, cover the first disk with coconut cream and then place the other on top. Repeat so the whole top is covered and decorate with walnuts or edible flowers.