- Preheat oven to 180 fan and add a deep roasting tin to the bottom of the oven. Fill the tin 3/4 full with water. The water will create steam, giving the dough its rise and moisture. Lightly grease a large piece of foil and top with baking paper.
- In a large bowl, add the flour, vegetable suet, sugar, vanilla and zest of a lemon along with the milk and mix well.
- Once the dough comes together, tip it out onto a lightly floured surface and roll to a rectangle measuring approximately 30cm x 22cm.
- Spread the jam on top leaving an inch border all around the edge. Top with the roughly torn raspberries and roll up tightly from one of the shortest ends. Pinch the seam and ends to seal.
- Place the roly poly onto the baking paper seam-side down (this helps prevent it from unrolling). Loosely wrap the paper around the pudding, scrunching it together to seal. (The dough will puff up slightly during baking to make sure you dontt wrap too tightly.)
- Slide the pudding onto a baking sheet/tray and place on the rack directly above the water-filled roasting tin. Bake for 40-45mins.
- Remove from the oven and carefully open the foil as steam will escape. Slice and serve with lashings of custard, cream or ice cream. Enjoy!
©2022 Columbia TriStar Marketing Group, Inc. All Rights Reserved