- Make pasta. Place flour in a bowl, make a well in the centre and add eggs.
- Bring together slowly with a fork working around the edges, then when it all comes together, knead the dough until it’s smooth and silky.
- Cover and leave to rest in the fridge for half an hour.
- Once rested, split the dough in half and roll out each piece with a rolling pin until it’s very thin and you you can see your fingers through it when lifted up the the light.
- Fold in half twice and cut parpadelle strips with a sharp knife. Hang to dry on a pasta rack or place on a clean tea towel.
- For pasta sauce. Fry pancetta, then add leek, garlic and thyme and cook until softened.
- Add cream and 1/2 cup water then stir.
- Simmer, then add salt and pepper to taste.
- Bring a pan of boiling salted water to the boil, add pasta and cook until al dente, then strain. (Keep a little pasta water)
- Add pasta and peas to cream mixture along with a little pasta water and mix well. Enjoy!