- Grease and line the base and sides of a 9”square tin and preheat oven to 160 fan.
- To make the brownies, place the baking spread in a small saucepan over a medium heat to melt. Once melted, add the chocolate drops and stir to dissolve. Set to one side to cool.
- Whisk the eggs and sugars together until thick and mousse like. Add the chocolate mixture and whisk well.
- Sift the flour and cocoa powder on top of the brownie mix and gently fold through. Add the mint extract and pour into tin. Bake for 30-35 minutes or until the brownie has a slight wobble in the centre. Leave to cool in the tin.
- To make the ganache topping place the cream and chocolate in a microwaveable bowl and heat on 20 second bursts and mix until melted. Pour over cooled brownie.
- Roughly chop a couple of candy canes and scatter on top of the ganache along with some Christmas sprinkles. Pop brownie in the fridge to chill then slice into 16 pieces.
Recipe created by Michelle Evans-Fecci